Our well-established client near Chipping Camden is looking for a Manager for the lab and testing facilities to ensure a safe and efficient environment to deliver customer projects and comply with relevant legislation. The ideal candidate will have relevant health and safety qualifications, good practical skills and able to manage the facilities and customer expectations. Excellent communication skills and the ability to lead are essential.
- Ensure that the laboratory is a safe working environment complying with relevant legislation.
- Carry out regular risk assessments and implement remedial actions where required
- Responsibility for the day to day management of the Laboratory. This includes management of all the site, equipment and services that are in place to allow testing work to go on. i.e. delivery and replacement of skips, equipment inspections, storage, calibration, and servicing.
- Ensure the correct amount of materials and equipment are available to enable carry out the tests staffing levels to achieve its objectives and that employees are developed and motivated.
- To ensure that maintenance contracts are in place for the permanent facility and the equipment both at the lab and at the Incident ground where the 8414 tests are carried out.
- To review and monitor systems, and practices to ensure they are up to date and delivering high quality services.
- To ensure timely and accurate MI is available to the Executive Leadership team and other appropriate staff
- To ensure optimal business performance by the improvement and continued monitoring of operational processes.
- Manage booking and co-ordination of use of the facility and equipment
- Provision and maintenance of all required PPE and tools
- Responsibility for development and compliance with management systems, including:
- Quality management systems
- Laboratory operations manual
- Laboratory environmental policies
- Laboratory 17025 management system
- Strong background in workshop organisation and management in a high-risk environment
- A strong relationship builder with a personable style and good communication skills
- Good practical/creative problem-solving skills
- Good management skills with the ability to influence and engage with direct/indirect reports and peers
- Managing multiple parties including contractors
- Good understanding of Health and Safety principles
- Strong attention to detail, who can ensure policy and procedures are followed.
- A proven administrator with strong organisational skills
- Budgetary awareness
IOSH Managing Safely
Salary c£25k full time permanent position. Additional benefits such as gym membership available.
If you think you have the qualities and experience for this role please email Judy an up to date CV.
First Choice Recruitment are a privately owned independent Recruitment service provider, we act as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Our service is a free and confidential service to work seekers.