Our Blog has monthly job seeking tips and advice focused on helping people who are currently out of work or looking for a career change. It is not easy in the current economic climate and a little knowledge and help can go a long way and it won't cost you a penny!
Staffed with local people we have valuable knowledge of the area and over 18 years experience in the recruitment industry. Understanding the local market and how best to make an impact is crucial to get one step ahead of the competition.
Top Tip – Compiling a CV
• Ensure you include full contact details including email
• A profile (a bit about you!) your qualities, strengths and experience at the head of your CV is a good start
• Briefly list Education and qualifications attained
• Career History - compile it in chronological order with the most recent job at the top
• List your duties intelligently without an exhaustive list of everything you ever did at work! – Bullet points make it easier to read
• Include a short piece highlighting your major achievements within the role
• Use a clear, readable font and always spell check – poor spelling and grammar is a definite turn off!
• Keep your CV concise, ideally 2 pages
• Referees – available on request (do not list names if you do not want them contacting before an interview)
Remember your CV is the best FIRST chance to sell yourself to a new employer and has to be good enough to secure you that all important interview so it's worth putting in that extra bit of work. Good Luck!